This is a steal from Klossy, Karlie Kloss’s Youtube channel. She posted a video last year that featured 23 things she had learned in 23 years. Well, today, still December 29 as I write, was my birthday. And I turned 26.
Though it seems like I barely had enough time to get used to saying I am 25 (and now I am 26? Already? What?) this is a hugely exciting day. It’s truly a celebration for me and it’s a time for reflection, as well. This year of all the years in my life, I have taken some of the biggest steps and I’ve learned and relearned some really important lessons!
I took notes at lunch. Here they are:
- Life is what you make it
- It’s a balance of pleasure and pain
- It’s good to stay connected to the past but not to live in it
- Education and skills are very important
- Being on time matters
- It doesn’t have to be perfect. Do the best you can where you are!
- Get outside and adventure to new places.
- Don’t spend time with people that don’t enrich your life.
- Social media is great for staying in touch, if you make the effort
- Planning saves the day, almost every time
- Spend money on experiences and things that enrich your life
- Not everyone is going to like you… Let them, in peace
- Podcasts might be the best thing about the new millennium—listen to them.
- Netflix is overrated.
- Kindness wins—
- When your neighbours are making too much noise, just turn on the fan
- Vintage jewelry and clothes will always have a place in my heart.
- Love yourself but some flaws are easy to fix…
- Motivation takes pushing but inspiration pulls you. You can only push so hard…so take the time to get inspired
- Instagram is not real life.
- Back up your photos and your files!
- Get help, you’ll live through it
- Sleep is essential
- A mug of tea, a blanket, and your favourite movie can make everything better
- But sometimes you need a glass of wine.
- Age is just a number… Growing up is hard work!